This is for a very rare 1894 Capitol North O Street South Washington Railway Co Issued Stock Certificate. The Capitol, North O Street and South Washington Railway was a street railway company in Washington, D. From 1875 to 1898. It was the sixth and final company to start during the horse car era. It operated on a loop, or “belt, ” around downtown and the National Mall. For that reason, and because of its long name, it was known colloquially as the Belt Railway. It changed its name to the Belt Railway in 1893. It expanded north and south on 11th street west to the boundaries of the city. In 1896 it attempted to use compressed air motors instead of electricity, a decision that sent them into receivership. Great issued condition for 13 shares – See Pictures.